Lutz Mario Helmig’s profile picture

Lutz Mario Helmig

Lutz Mario Helmig’s profile picture
Net worth 2018: $2.64 Billion
Industry: Healthcare
Residence: Grebenhain, Germany
Country: Germany
Children: 2
BIOGRAPHY

Lutz Mario Helmig was born in Grebenhain, Germany, Germany. Lutz Mario Helmig is #906 in List Billionaires People In The World. Lutz Mario Helmig, a doctor by training, is well known in Germany for having founded the company that became Helios Hospital Group, a highly regarded operator of medical facilities. Prior to selling Helios to competitor Fresenius for approximately $2 billion in 2005, he founded ATON GmbH, which still serves as his family's investment company. Named after the ancient Egyptian deity depicted as the solar disk emitting rays terminating in human hands (and described on the company website as "a universal god with creative omnipotence"), it is active in four main business-to-business segments: engineering (plant engineering for the automotive industry and other sectors of the mobility industry, as well as special purpose machinery manufacture); mining (services and machinery for sinking shafts and extracting minerals); medical (diagnostic equipment, tools for minimally invasive surgery and products for the pharmaceutical industry); and aviation (management of business jets and maintenance services). Helmig personally owns 60% of ATON, which is based in Munich. (The remaining 40% is held by his wife and two daughters.) ATON owns 60% of EDAG Engineering Group, spun off from ATON in a 2015 IPO. In 2013 Helmig donated almost $3 million to Grebenhain, a village where he has resided since the 1970s. His only requirement was that the community's government not assume new debts in the next three years, except for investments in infrastructure projects.

NET WORTH STATISTIC
2014

$1.8 Billion

2015

$1.8 Billion

2016

$1.3 Billion

2017

$1.6 Billion

2018

$2.64 Billion

(3.7/130 votes)
Related Person
Jorge Moll Filho’s profile picture
Jorge Moll Filho
Net Worth is $2.62 Billion
Lam Kong’s profile picture
Lam Kong
Net Worth is $2.59 Billion
Hu Baifan’s profile picture
Hu Baifan
Net Worth is $2.55 Billion
Carlos Sanchez’s profile picture
Carlos Sanchez
Net Worth is $2.53 Billion
Luigi Rovati’s profile picture
Luigi Rovati
Net Worth is $2.46 Billion
Hu Kaijun’s profile picture
Hu Kaijun
Net Worth is $2.46 Billion